Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Er, I mean, "Merry Christmas!"

I, for one, don't mean to be starting any wars against Christmas. I saw what happened to Walmart. Given how powerful we know Walmart to be, anyone who can pull that off... I mean, when St. Nick's occupation forces come rolling in, I, for one, plan to be a loyal citizen of the new order. And when that whole "know who's naughty or nice" elvish secret police thing comes knocking, you better believe I will sell you out faster than a Frenchman at an Octoberfest brawl! As far as I'm concerned, snitchin' is bitchin'.

I'm still up this wee hour mostly because of tomorrow's feast. The fam's at my place this year, so my menu is:

Dolmades (to celebrate my Greek roots)

Thai rice sausages (because they're just so hard to find around here, I have to make them)

Spinach and pomegranate salad

Roasted beets with balsalmic vinegrette

Roasted fennel with beans (my version of that bean with cream of mushroom soup thing)

Creole spoon bread

Spiced glazed ham

Horseradish and pepper-crusted beef tenderloin with port reduction sauce

Molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream


So, I've pretty much been working on it since Saturday. Hope you're jealous.

No comments: