Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Weekly Fatwa (or MDF NASCAR edition)

This is my new blog. It's designed to do two things: (1) return to my original plan of bitching about whatever I feel like bitching about, and (2) cater to my friends and family who have grown increasingly tired of my rantings about financial issues in My Daily Fatwa. Turns out it's easier for me to rant authoritatively and regularly on a topic I actually know something about. However, what I know well is something that is really really boring to most people, even if it is really really important to a small group of extremely over-compensated people. (I need to figure out how to make a buck on that someday...)

So, "My Weekly Fatwa" will probably be more frequent than "weekly" (the "My Daily Fatwa" name already having been taken), but the writing quality will probably be more along the lines of "My Weekly Reader".

Do they still have My Weekly Readers? Or am I really really dating myself here? I also thought about calling it "MDF No FRed" ("My Daily Fatwa No Financial Regulation Edition"), but that was just too much inside baseball. "NASCAR edition", though, is homage to my friend Mary-n-Texas -- as in, "Mary, if you don't like my blog, go watch some TV. I'm sure there's some NASCAR on somewhere."

1 comment:

ibrahimali said...

As per Quranic Verses 4:59 & 83 it’s the duty of the everyone to spread the following
messages to all concerned in the interest of Peace, Security, health & wealth for Mankind

"Please download from web site WWW.GOLDENDUAS.COM for peace, security, health & wealth
for mankind. and the same may be published to all members of the group based on quranic
verse2:2,10:57,17:11,16,28:59,39:55,57,13:37&65:8. Otherwise it will amount to refusal
to follow our Lord Order, guidance and direction as per Quranic verses 6:26”
Please kindly arrange to post the above said message in the group websites to know all concerned interest of peace, security, health and wealth of all mankind. Otherwise it will amount to refusal to follow our Lord Order, guidance and direction as per Quranic verses 6:26"

With kind regards
U.IBRAHIMALI